Visiting Coaches Program
Throughout the summer, our Visiting Coaches Program offers professional coaches (ages 18+) from around the world the opportunity for continuing their education through lectures, observation, hands-on practice, and networking.
It’s one of the rare opportunities for personalized mentoring and education, with clinicians who analyze, evaluate and understand your needs. The Visiting Coaches Program gives you the chance to refine your philosophy of coaching; develop new tools to plan, implement, assess, and improve your coaching; participate in practical learning including hands on spotting and drills for skills; and discuss the latest in safety and risk management issues.
Housing and meals are included and visiting coaches, of course, have the opportunity to enjoy some of IGC’s exciting recreation activities.
The week-long program includes:
- Expert coaches and guest lecturers
- Gymnasts of all abilities and levels to observe during the week
- Opportunity to observe and ask questions of Elite/NCAA coaches, gymnasts, and judges
- Content tailored to your individual needs and focus areas
- Up to 15 hours of classroom based instruction
- Up to 20 hours of observing and/or hands-on development
We offer 9 weeks this summer, each running concurrently with our weeks of summer camp. See this summer’s dates here. There is limited space available each week. Apply early.
The program directors are:
- U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2-Time Olympian
- 3-Time Olympic Coach
- FIG Brevet Judge
- Instructor for USA Gymnastics Risk Management/Safety Courses
- Expert Witness in Sports Injury Litigation
- Consultant for the gymnastics community in spotting, progressions, and program assessment and design
- A coach can attend the Visiting Coaches Program with a minimum of 5 gymnasts enrolled from your club. The fee to attend Weeks 1 or 2 is $697.50 or for weeks 3 through 9 $722.50.
- With 10 or more enrolled, the Visiting Coaches Program is free of charge. In addition, each gymnast will receive an IGC t-shirt, gym club photo and personalized banner for the gym club with ten or more. All applications must be in by May 15th, 2019, to qualify.
- After you achieve the required 5 minimum, an additional coach can also attend free of charge for each additional 10. Without the additional 10, the cost is for weeks 1 or 2, $1395 and for weeks 3 through 9, the cost is $1,445 per week.
- For every 20 weeks enrolled, IGC will give your Gym Club one free week of camp. This can be used for a scholarship or fundraiser.
The course, food, and lodging are all included.
Simply complete the online registration form below.
For More Information
For more information, please contact Geri Johnston, our Visiting Coaches Program administrator, by phone at 570-629-0244 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.