International Gymnastics Camp provides global leadership for the gymnastics community through state of the art education, safety and research. Our staff is highly skilled and professionally trained in gymnastics and in promoting positive child development. We are committed to gymnastics: preserving its history, keeping its excellence and ensuring its future.
The Klaus Family Legacy
International Gymnastics Camp is a second generation, family-owned summer gymnastics camp founded in 1971 by Bruno and Cheryl Klaus.
Bruno’s involvement in gymnastics spans over six decades as an All-American gymnast, judge, coach, and camp director. Bruno holds a Master’s degree in Health and Physical Education, was a professor at East Stroudsburg University for over 30 years, and is now Professor Emeritus. His accolades include:
- USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame inductee as competitor, coach, and contributor to the sport of gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics National Foundation Board of Directors
- 1962 United States World Championships Team Member
- Southern Illinois University Hall of Fame
- NCAA High Bar and Vault Champion
- Coach of the 1983 and 1984 NCAA Division II Championship Teams
- NCAA Division II Coach of the Year 1983, 1984, and 1985
- 2017 Golden Achievement Award – World Acrobatic Society
- American Turners Life Member (60+ years)
- Industry pioneer for the standards for safety pits
- Designer and developer of the standard 6” x 6” foam pit block
- Member of the International Hall of Fame Board of Directors
- East Stroudsburg Council of Trustees – Appointed by Gov. Tom Corbett
Our Camp Director, Brent Klaus, carries on the family tradition as the second generation of Klaus family leadership at IGC. Brent is the founder of the Professional Coaching Development Program, which is held throughout the summer at IGC. This program provides the most extensive coaching training with the highest standards of any coaching development program in the country. He has been a member of the U.S. National Team, competed for Ohio State University, and represented the United States in the 1995 World University Games in Japan. Brent is a USA National Champion and the only person to ever score a perfect 10.0 on vault at the USA Championships. A graduate of the Gene Ezersky Camp Safety College, Brent was also a professional bull rider for 15 years. Brent has founded many of our IGC Initiatives including Kount on Kindness, The Gymnastics Activity Book, Be Gymnastics, The Pro Gymnastics Challenge, Competitive Nature Bars, and is an Executive Producer for the gymnastics movie Chalk It Up.